Give me now!
I don’t usually find the time to follow weekly memes (to read some yes; to write a post not so much), but today I received by email this post from a book friend and I started to think about all the amazing bookish things I’d like in my life. So let’s see..
My ‘Top 10’ in no particular order:
– A “Daughter of Smoke and Bone” eye necklace or wishbone.
It’s no secret that this is one of my favourite series, and because the graphic novel does not seem to see the light (not soon, maybe not ever *crying in a corner*) a necklace might just be the next best thing to remind me of this wonderful world.
– Some Hunger Games pins, all different versions – like the ones form the movie posters. I am not even sure why would I need them, I just do.
– A Nevermore inspired key chain, like the one described by Isobel, or some totally different but beautiful one to remind me of this story. I also can’t wait for August to come as I am dying to read the last book in this series, but that’s a different matter.
– A tattoo. Probably. Maybe.
I am not much for tattoos, but if I ever decide to get one, it will be book-related (a tiny symbol that hides some deeper meaning, one that very few people around me would understand – something mine though inspired by my love for books). Still, the ones I featured in this post are anything but tiny, LOL, I just happen to like them and so I decided to share them with you all.
– Moonglass – every time I go to the seaside for holidays I look for red sea-glass (yes, the book is to blame for my obsession). My husband makes fun of me, though usually I get help from him and my friends in my search – I find all different colours, but never red, which drives me a bit crazy.. Still, it’s slowly becoming a ‘me’ kind of thing and it feels nice 🙂
– A tree house – I’ve always wanted one: a place to relax, to read, to hide from the whole world… On the Jellicoe Road made me want this even more *sigh* If you didn’t know that this is my favourite book in the whole world.. well, now you do 😀
– I would like a strange power – like to time travel, or the power to travel between new worlds/universes, or to read minds. No, scratch that, I would prefer to fly instead (as it might soon become a curse to be in some people’s minds, LOL). I know these do not count, but I still want them.
– Also a book boyfriend of choice would be nice. Give me Jonah or Shadow or Shaun or Day (to name a few) and I won’t ask for more. Well, I would still ask for all the others (boy, aren’t they many), but that’s not something you need to know now… Pff, stop telling me that I can’t have these either!! It is a bookish wish, isn’t it?
Are you still counting?
Back to Earth, at some point I wanted 2 more thing, but I already have them: a book-alike cover for my kindle, and a silhouette bookmark (you can’t see the bookmark properly – so believe me when I tell you it’s a boy, I call it Jonah)
So I might replace these wishes with some bookish t-shirts and cups. Yep, I want these too!
Honestly.. I might want a thousand other things too, but this is my list for now 🙂